Новые сообщенияУчастникиПравила форумаПоиск
Будь с нами:
Форум » Люди баскетбола » Бекки Хэммон » Бекки и история » О Бекки (Информация...)
О Бекки
sportlover_NSK Сообщение # 181 | 17:24
Очки: 815
А вот не навредит ли теперь вся эта шумиха Её Олимпийской мечте?

Все беды от усов

Mike Сообщение # 182 | 21:42
Заслуженные
Очки: 104
sportlover_NSK, да уже все успокоились. Вряд ли рос.СМИ будут обсасывать эту тему

Becky - our magic seven

an4ous Сообщение # 183 | 10:19
Заслуженные
Очки: 466
Вести Оренбуржья. События недели: выпуск 15 апреля 2012 года

Новый "старый" ролик. Теперь речь идет о бутербродах с икрой biggrin

http://orenburg.rfn.ru/video.html?id=7994&type=r

orenburg.rfn.ru

Болеть за победителей легко. А верить в чудо интересней! (an4ous)

"Вы учитесь, как не давать друг друга в обиду" © Скотти Пиппен

ILICH Сообщение # 184 | 10:27
Заслуженные
Очки: 376
но с другой стороны во всей этой шумихе - как заметил директор Питерского Спартака в интервью Бизонам-ТВ "Все эти деньги которые предстоит заплатить как компенсацию были заложены в бюджет клуба, а значит никаких дополнительных финансовых вливаний на погашение судейского решения не будет" т.е доп. средства из бюждета области не будут вытянуты. Просто получается уже ситуацию все раздувают так, как кому выгодно

Все будет хорошо...(когда нибудь)

Mike Сообщение # 185 | 12:17
Заслуженные
Quote (ILICH)
"Все эти деньги которые предстоит заплатить как компенсацию были заложены в бюджет клуба, а значит никаких дополнительных финансовых вливаний на погашение судейского решения не будет"

То есть, изначально они знали, что суд признает сторону Бекки? Тогда это вообще абсурд wacko
Quote (an4ous)
Шесть человек, узнав о миллионной компенсации, ответили «Бросаю все, иду в баскетболистки».

Ну вот, закончили-то на позитиве biggrin

Becky - our magic seven

AlienF Сообщение # 186 | 12:31
Модераторы
Очки: 340
Quote (Mike)
То есть, изначально они знали, что суд признает сторону Бекки? Тогда это вообще абсурд

Имелось ввиду , что это было заложено как зарплата...

Be thankful for what you HAVE before it becomes what you HAD!
NEVER SAY NEVER!

SilIkOn Сообщение # 187 | 08:55
Модераторы
Очки: 530
Любимые спортсмены:
BECKY
Конечно ничего нового, но может кому интересно будет прочитать, а кому еще интереснее , могу выложить оригинал!!! Журнал аж от 2001 года!!

Bagira911 Сообщение # 188 | 13:27
Заслуженные
Очки: 450
Любимые спортсмены:
Becky Hammon
на сайте Бекки обновляется новостная лента

Mix of veterans, youth encourages Silver Stars’ Hammon

By Terrence Thomas
Becky Hammon has been at Silver Stars training camp for only a couple of days, but already she’s “very optimistic” about the season based on what she’s seen so far.

“I think we’ve got some people that can really play basketball, but there’s a lot of learning to do, a lot of hard work ahead of us,” Hammon said after Thursday’s practice. “I feel like everybody’s up to the challenge. It’s just going to take time, chemistry-wise, for them to learn the system, understand what we’re looking for in what situation. That’s where the vets kind of come in, trying to communicate and get everybody on the same page as soon as possible.”

If the younger and older players can quickly mesh, the Silver Stars could have the ingredients to get past the first round of the playoffs for the first time in four years.

In 2008, the Silver Stars advanced to the WNBA Finals for the first time, losing to the Detroit Shock in three games. Two years later, the Shock franchise relocated to Tulsa.

A year ago, the Silver Stars made the postseason for the fifth straight season, falling to eventual champion Minnesota in the first round in three games. They were the only team to win a game against Minnesota in the postseason.

“I think we probably gave them the biggest fight out of their playoff run, but we’re not happy with being close,” Hammon said. “We want to get in there, get some things accomplished. This is a good league. There are a lot of really good players on each team, so you have to have a great team.”

No drop-off: A year ago, Danielle Adams went from being doubted on draft day, falling to the second round before the Silver Stars selected her with the 20th overall pick, to being named an All-Star as a rookie.

This season, the 6-foot-1 forward knows she will be a focal point of every scouting report.

She appears ready for the extra attention. In two preseason games against the Indiana Fever, Adams averaged 13 points while connecting on 10 of 19 shots, including 4 of 7 on 3-pointers.

“It’s me getting better, me getting the team better, and just playing my role,” Adams said. “It’s just me being more physical, me being a smarter basketball player.”

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports....ZjqsjUb

когда заканчивается одна сказка, начинается другая..

Bagira911 Сообщение # 189 | 14:42
Заслуженные
Любимые спортсмены:
Becky Hammon
Hammon Hopes Olympics Are Less Stressful This Time

By DOUG FEINBERG

Becky Hammon hopes that the Olympics will be a little less stressful for her.

Hammon will once again play for the Russian women’s basketball team at the games this summer in London. She created a stir in 2008 when she first played for Russia in the Beijing Olympics. She helped guide that team to a bronze medal.

”It’s old news,” Hammon about her decision to play for Russia. ”I played with them in the world championship, European championship, hopefully I’ll enjoy it a lot more. By far it was one of the best decisions I ever made and I stand by that, and really look forward to doing it again.”

When Hammon, who was raised in South Dakota and played to Colorado State, initially decided to play for Russia in 2008 it ignited a media firestorm with people questioning her patriotism, including 2008 U.S. Olympic coach Anne Donovan.

Every time Hammon went on the road with the San Antonio Silver Stars she had reporters waiting to talk to her about her decision to play for Russia.

It got to be a bit much.

”I had reporters from all over the world asking me questions,” Hammon said. ”Everywhere I went that’s all anyone wanted to talk about. It’s nice that this time people seem to be focused on other things. It seems almost every team now has one or two players with foreign passports playing for them. It goes back to the whole ‘it’s Russia’. If it was a country no one heard of, no one really would have cared. That’s the society we live in.”

Now no one seems to notice anymore.

”It’s played through once,” Silver Stars coach Dan Hughes said. ”The reality of it is we’ve been through it one time already and Becky is an example of what I think a lot of teams that the U.S. will face. There are a lot of players in our league that are now on other teams and going to be part of the Olympic experience.”

The 35-year-old point guard plays for a Russian club team during the winter and became a naturalized citizen. Because she hadn’t played for the United States in any major FIBA-sanctioned international events, she was allowed to compete for Russia in the Beijing Olympics.

While Hammon is happy that the firestorm seems to have died down this time around, she also is proud that her Russian has improved over the past few years.

”I understand a little bit, it’s a lot better than 2008, put it that way,” she said laughing.

While Hammon had to miss a few games for the Silver Stars in the past to train with Russia, she won’t join the national team until the WNBA takes its month-long break in the middle of July.

”I won’t be missing any Silver Stars games and that’s important to me,” Hammon said.

Hammon is excited to once again march in the opening ceremonies and take part in the games.

”It’s the Olympics, it should be fun a great time I think. It will be my first time in London for any length of time,” Hammon said. ”I’m looking forward to be in London. Get back together with the girls from the team, hopefully make a great run.”

One player that Hammon won’t be playing with this time around is center Maria Stepanova. The 6-foot-8 star, who has played in the last four Olympics, tore her anterior cruciate ligament at the Euroleague final eight in late March.

”She’s been the face of the franchise, so that’s a tough loss for us,” Hammon said. ”There’s some young kids that are very talented post players coming up, too. Someone of her caliber you’re going to miss, no way around that. But it’s also another opportunity for someone else to step up and prove that they belong at the highest level.”

She hopes that even without Stepanova, the Russians can make another run at a medal. They are in the same pool as Australia and wouldn’t have to face the heavily-favored U.S. team until the elimination rounds.

”At the end of the day it’s been a really cool journey and unique journey no one has ever done,” she said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news....ba.html

Bagira911 Сообщение # 190 | 14:43
Заслуженные
Любимые спортсмены:
Becky Hammon
Becky Still Keeping Tabs on CSU

Becky Hammon is long into her WNBA career and she’s noticed at least one thing starting to change.

“The players are getting quicker,” she said. “I’m not sure if that’s me getting slower or what.”

Whether she’s lost a step or not, Hammon continues to play the game of basketball at the highest level.

The former standout at Colorado State University, Hammon is seven games into her 14th season in the league and still one of its best players.

Hammon, a 5-foot-6 guard, is averaging 14 points, 5 assists and 2.4 rebounds this season for the San Antonio Silver Stars, the second team she’s played for in the WNBA, the other being the New York Liberty

“It’s weird when I think about it, that I’ve given 14 years of my life to this game and this league. It’s surreal,” she said. “In the same breath, I wouldn’t change one thing. I’m doing what I love and what I dreamed about doing. I’m so blessed it’s lasted this long.”

Hammon and the rest of the WNBA will be on break July 14 to August 15 for the 2012 Olympics in London.

Like she did in 2008, Hammon once again will compete for Russia. When she announced it last month, it was far less of a story than it was four years ago when it seemed everyone questioned her patriotism.

Hammon, a native of Rapid City, S.D., has played for three club teams in Russia during the WNBA offseason.

“I’ve played in world championships and European championships with them,” she said. “I’m part of their team now. They accept me as one of their own.

“I don’t know that anyone questions it anymore. It wasn’t a matter of me saying that I didn’t want to play for the United States. As a competitor, you want to play on the greatest stage, and the Olympics are on a world stage. At the end of the day, it’s one of the best decisions I made. I would not take it back for anything.”

While Hammon certainly is busy with her basketball career, it doesn’t stop her from following what’s going on within the CSU women’s basketball program, including the recent hiring of Ryun Williams as head
Hammon was part of the best CSU teams in program history during her career from 1995-99. The Rams were ranked as high as No. 4 in the country and reached the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament.

“CSU is such a part of who I am,” Hammon said. “We did some special things in Fort Collins when I was there. You hate to work hard to build a program up and then see it go down.

“I’ve followed the changes and it seems the new athletic director (Jack Graham) is doing a great job. He seems to really believe in CSU and it looks like things are heading in a good direction.”

Depsite being a standout at CSU, Hammon was signed by the New York Liberty as an undrafted free agent.

In eight seasons with the Liberty and now six with the Sliver Stars, Hammon has showed fans across the country what people in Fort Collins already knew; She can play basketball.

Hammon was named last season as one of the WNBA’s Top 15 players of all-time. She has been an all-star seven times, including the past three seasons, and for her career averages 13.3 points — 26th best in league history.

Hammon also ranks seventh all-time with 5,188 points and is second in career 3-pointers made with 718.

“There’s little things that I can tell are age-related, but once I’m on the court I really don’t notice,” said Hammon, who turned 35 in March. “I take care of myself and my body better now than when I was younger. There are little things you can do to get an edge. My mind is as sharp as it’s ever been, and I don’t feel limited as a player yet.”

Hammon’s career also still seems to be heading in a good direction, and she’s in the first year of a new three-year deal with the Silver Stars. She’s started every game the past five seasons and isn’t showing signs of slowing down. Earlier this season, Hammon scored 30 points in a win over Phoenix and did so by making 7 of 9 3-pointers.

“At this point, I’m going to go where my body takes me,” she said. “I want to walk away still being a great player and not when I don’t have an impact anymore. We’ll see when that time is. It’s not yet.”

http://www.coloradoan.com/article....ONTPAGE

Sleva Сообщение # 191 | 21:16
Администраторы
Очки: 851
Любимые спортсмены:
Елена Харченко
Quote (Bagira911)
“At this point, I’m going to go where my body takes me,” she said. “I want to walk away still being a great player and not when I don’t have an impact anymore. We’ll see when that time is. It’s not yet.”

Правильно я понимаю, что завязывать она пока не собирается? wink

Боня Сообщение # 192 | 20:42
Заслуженные
Очки: 457
Любимые спортсмены:
Бекки THE BEST
A Star Among Stars

Underestimated at first, Silver Stars' guard Becky Hammon is now an Olympian

Writer: Jasmina Wellinghoff
Photographer: Liz Garza Williams

At the San Antonio Silver Stars’ “media day” at the AT&T Center, just a few days beforethe start of the 2012 season, guard Becky Hammon is pretty much the center of attention.

Though the event is open to outside media, it is mainly an opportunity forthe team to shoot publicity photos, record brief interviews with the players and produce a variety of PSA videos to be used later as needed.

Hammon spends a good chunk of time recording the latter, patiently reading from ateleprompter a variety of messages, from acknowledgments of sponsors and a breast cancerawareness promo to holiday greetings, information about tickets and an almost poeticallyphrased message about the WNBA that starts with “We are professionals who play with passion, the best in the world at what we do. We are the children of Title IX; we are Team USA andOlympians of many nations, playing for America’s hometown …”

Then it’s back to the arena for more photographs, both by herself and with fellow star player Sophia Young. Hammon is a good sport through it all, smiling, clowning a bitand jumping gracefully when the photographer asks her to, while making a few light comments here and there. It’s all part of the job that she has gotten used to it after 14 yearsas a professional basketball player.

“This is a fun day for us,” she tells us during a break. “We do it for the fans and the media. Each new seasonstarts with new energy and excitement and new challenges. I love challenges. If you are a professional athlete, you love challenges.”

One such challenge this summer is getting the newplayers integrated into the team, especially the rookieswho are still in their early 20s. “One of the rookies is thesame age as my nephew,” says Hammon, who is 35. “We have a lot of work to do; we still have to develop teamchemistry, and chemistry is something you can’t force. It takes time. It will come eventually.”

As one of the Silver Stars’ leaders, she will try her best to build that team spirit because basketball playing — and winning — is all about collective strength, not individual success. “I have seen teams with a lot of talent not win games because their foundation has cracks, which start with the individual. You have to learn what it means to be a good teammate, to encourage others, to be a giver,” notes Hammon.

Hammon has been a giver since she joined the SilverStars in 2007. That very first season she brought higher visibility to the team by scoring an average of 18.8 ppg (pointsper game) coupled with an average of 5.0 apg (assists pergame). For her outstanding performance, she was showered with honors, including WNBA First Team honors andthe league’s Peak Performer designation for the highest assist average. In her second season here, she helped the SilverStars achieve their best WNBA record of 24-10, which also led to their first participation in the WNBA finals. And she continues to shine. A six-time All-Star, Hammon again led her team in scoring in 2011 and topped it all by being selected as one of the Top 15 players in the WNBA’s 15-year-history. The latter is an honor bestowed by fans, media and basketball professionals on the select few who excel in athletic performance, overall sportsmanship, leadership and community service.

These accomplishments are all the more remarkable given that Hammon is only 5 feet 6 inches tall, practically petite by basketball standards. She says she has always had to outsmart her competition because she couldn’t compete in sheer strength and speed. “I do wonder why God did not give me a few more inches, but He has given me drive and a good work ethic and strong hands,” she says, waving her hands. “I have had to rely on my brain. I am going against bigger and faster people, elite athletes, so I had to become a student of the game and be creative.” Thanks to brains and determination, in 2008 she also realized every athlete’s dream toplay in the Olympics even if she had to do it by getting Russian citizenship and joining the Russian national team. She’ll play with the Russians again this summer at the 2012 Olympiad in London.

UNDERESTIMATED BUT TRIUMPHANT
A native of Rapid City, S.D., Hammon grew up in a sports-oriented family that spent Sundaysgoing to church and playing basketballand softball. As a little girl, she would sneakup on the court and start shooting. “I was sogood at it, people thought I was a boy eventhough I had long hair,” she recalls.

There was no WNBA back then, and heronly prospect was to play for a college team,but that did not deter her. As a high school senior,she was voted South Dakota Player of theYear, and her good looks probably helped securethe title of South Dakota Miss Basketballthe previous year. Then it was on to ColoradoState, where she set all sorts of records, includingthe school’s first All-American women’splayer. In 2004, Hammon was also inductedinto the university’s Sports Hall of Fame.Despite her obvious talent, however,throughout her early career Hammon had toprove herself again and again. Her height andthe relative obscurity of the schools she attendeddid not make her anybody’s firstchoice. She “was not heavily recruited” by colleges,and four years later, after graduationand a stellar college record, no pro teamdrafted her at first. Doubt started to creep in.In 1999, the league assigned her to the NewYork Liberty, where she spent grueling daysbeing tested by her heavyweight colleagues.They had no intention of keeping her, she says,but the gutsy, driven young pro eventuallywon everyone over, made the team and stayedthere for eight solid years.

Still, USA Basketball failed to invite her to try out for the U.S. Olympic team in 2008. “In 2007 I probably had my best year ever, was anAll-Star, and I couldn’t understand why I wasn’teven considered for the national team,” she explains.“The Russians gave me an opportunity. I could sit on my couch and watch it all on TV, or I could participate. I chose to participate. People made a fuss about it because it was the Russian team, but it’s done all the time. Thereare other American girls playing for other countries.”

The fuss has largely died down, but she still gets questions like, “What would you do if Russia is playing against the U.S. for that final trophy and you are in the position to take the decisive last shot?” Her answer is straight forward and logical: “I would never wear (theRussian team’s) uniform if I had no intention towin. I’ll definitely take that shot.”

Off season, Hammon also plays for Spartak, a Russianteam based in Vidnoje, near Moscow, that has won multiple EuroLeague championships. Wth her busy schedule that keeps her on the road for months at the time, it’s no wonderthat she cherishes time at home when she can retreat to the “sanctuary” of her backyard to read, think and enjoy the peace. She loves SanAntonio and bought a house her first year here, something she had never done in New York.

When we bring up the subject of personal relationships and children, Hammon notes that she is married to her work at present. As for kids, sometimes she thinks she wants them and other times not. Although there are many mothers in the WNBA, she realistically estimates that she couldn’t take time off to have a child at this point without terminating her career. And she isn’t ready for that yet. The little girl-that-could has become a star who intends to enjoy her favorite game a few more years.

Before we part, we offer her a chance to send a message to our readers. And she does: “It’s important for women to support women’s sports. Mothers, aunts, grandmothers, come and bring your daughters and granddaughters to see women who have made it as professionals in this field. There’s more to bedone, but it can’t be done if we don’t support each other. And it’s entertaining, too!”

Давай за НАС, за СПАРТУ, за ПОБЕДУ! Не отступай и вместе ПОБЕДИМ!!! Плечом к плечу и не теряя веры, МЫ ЗА КОМАНДУ ПОСТОИМ!!!!!!!

Спорт - это сила, которая либо ломает человека, либо возносит его до небес.(с)

Сообщение отредактировал Боня - Суббота, 14 Июля 2012, 20:43

Gromova Сообщение # 193 | 13:14
Переводчик
Очки: 787
Любимые спортсмены:
Suzanne Brigit Bird
получите-распишитесь;)

Звезда среди звезд

Неоцененная изначально защитница Silver Stars Бэкки Хэммон едет на Олимпиаду.

Jasmina Wellinghoff

В рамках медиа-дня San Antonio Silver Stars в AT&T Center, прошедшем за несколько дней до начала сезона 2012 Бэкки Хэммон была в центре внимания.

И хотя, подобные мероприятия открыты для сторонних средств массовой информации, в основном, конечно, это возможность для фотосессий, коротких интервью с игроками и созданий видеороликов. Все это будет использоваться командой на протяжении сезона, по мере надобности.

Хэммон терпеливо зачитывает с телесуфлера и благодарность спонсорам, и предостережения касающиеся рака груди, и какие-то праздничные пожелания, и информацию о билетах, и почти стихотворное послание о WNBA, начинающееся словами “Мы профессионалы, играющие со страстью, мы лучшие в своем деле. Мы дети раздела 9 (имеется ввиду раздел 9 поправки 1972 года Общественного закон № 92-318, 86 статья 235 (23 июня, 1972), также идентифицирующегося по имени его главного автора Пэтси Т. В нем говорится, что ни один человек в Соединенных Штатах, не может быть лишен преимуществ, или подвергаться дискриминации в любой образовательной программе или деятельности по признаку пола – прим. переводчика); мы сборная США и участники Олимпийских команд многих наций, играющие за родные города Америки…”.

Затем снова на паркет, наделать побольше фотографий как индивидуальных, так и вместе с Софией Янг. Хэммон профессионально подходит к событию улыбаясь и даже немного паясничая, по просьбе фотографа. Это часть ее работы, к которой она уже привыкла за 14-тилетнюю карьеру профессиональной баскетболистки.

“Это день веселья для нас”, сказала она во время перерыва. “Мы делаем это для фанатов и для журналистов. Новый сезон стартует и несет с собой новую энергию, новые волнения и новые испытания. Я люблю испытания. Если ты профессиональный спортсмен, ты наверняка любишь испытания”.

Одним из испытаний этого лета станет «акклиматизация» новых игроков в команде, особенно новичков Лиги. “Одна из них по возрасту как мой племянник”, говорит Хэммон, которой 35. “Нам над многим стоит поработать; нам все еще не хватает взаимопонимания, а это такая вещь, которую невозможно подгонять. Нужно время. Когда-нибудь, оно к нам придет”.

Как одна из лидеров Silver Stars, она попытается сделать все возможное для поднятия командного духа, потому что баскетбол – командная игра. “Я видела как команды с множеством талантливых игроков проигрывают, по причине обособленности одиночек. Необходимо понять как быть хорошим товарищем по команде, подбадривать остальных, больше отдавать”, учит Хэммон.

Хэммон умела отдавать с самого начала, с 2007 года, когда она начала играть за SilverStars. В свой первый сезон она сделала свою команду более заметной, забивая в среднем по 18,8 за игру, не забывая отдавать по 5,0 передач. За ее выдающуюся производительность, она была осыпана почестями. В свой второй сезон, она помогла SilverStars достичь своих лучших показателей 24-10, что так же позволило им тогда сыграть в финале. И она продолжает сиять. Шесть раз Хэммон принимала участи в играх Всех Звезд, снова вывела свою команду вперед в 2011 и была выбрала одной из 15 лучших игроков за всю историю WNBA.

Все эти достижения более чем примечательны, если учесть, что рост Хэммон лишь 168 см, что очень мало, по баскетбольным стандартам. Она говорит, что выиграывает засчет хитрости, поскольку проигрывает и в силе, и в скорости. “Я не знаю почему Господь не дал мне больше роста, но он дал мне настойчивость, трудолюбие и сильные руки”, говорит она, размахивая руками. “Мне приходится полагаться на мозг. Я выхожу против людей, что сильнее и быстрее меня, против элиты баскетбола, так что приходится быть изобретательной”. Благодаря мозгам и решительности в 2008 ей удалось осуществить мечту любого спортсмена и сыграть на Олимпиаде, пусть даже посредством приобретения Российского гражданства. Она сыграет за русских снова в 2012 в Лондоне.

НЕДООЦЕНЕННАЯ, НО ТОРЖЕСТВУЮЩАЯ

Уроженка Рапид сити, Южная Дакота, Хэммон росла в спортивной семье. Воскресенья они посвящали походам в церковь и игре в баскетбол и софтбол. Маленькой девочкой, она незаметно подкрадывалась к площадке и начинала бросать. “Я была так хороша в этом, что люди принимали меня за мальчика, несмотря на мои длинные волосы”, вспоминает она.

WNBA тогда не существовало и ее единственной перспективной было играть за команду колледжа, но это не остановило Бэкки. Будучи выпускницей школы, она была признана игроком года Южной Дакоты, а ее внешность позволила Хэммон стать Мисс Баскетбол Южной Дакоты годом ранее. В Колорадо она установила все мыслимые рекорды, включая звание лучшей в стране. В 2004 фамилия Хэммон появилась в Университетском зале славы. Несмотря на ее очевидный талант, на ранних стадия карьеры Бэкки постоянно стоило доказывать свою состоятельность. Дело было в ее росте и относительная неизвестность ее школы. На нее не сыпались предложения из колледжей, и четыре года спустя, после завершения курса обучения, она не получила первого номера драфта. Сомнения просто приклеились к ее имени. В 1999 она попала в команду New York Liberty, где провела немало тяжелых дней, проверяясь на прочность коллегами-тяжеловесами. Они не собирались оставлять ее в команде, но всеж дерзость молодости, в конце концов победила, и Хэммон осталась в команде на восемь долгих лет.

Тем не менее USA Basketball не предложили ей попробовать свои силы в Национальной сборной на Олимпиаде 2008 года. “2007 был наверное моим лучшим годом, и я никак не могла понять, почему моя кандидатура даже не рассматривалась”, объясняет Хэммон. “Русские дали мне возможность. Я могу сидеть дома на диване и смотреть Олимпиаду по телевизору или же я могу участвовать. Я выбрала участие. Люди сразу засуетились, ведь это же сборная России. Но ведь есть и другие американки играющие за разные страны”.

Сейчас шумиха более или менее улеглась, но Бэкки до сих пор приходится отвечать на вопросы вроде такого: “Что ты будешь делать, если в финальном матче Россия будет играть с США, и у тебя будет возможность последнего и решающего броска?” Ее ответ нельзя назвать алогичным: “Я бы никогда не надела (Российскую) форму, если бы не желала победы. Я несомненно выполню этот бросок”.

Вне сезона Хэммон играет за Спарту&К, Российский клуб, базирующийся в Видном, и имеющий на своем счету не одно золото Евролиги. С ее плотным графиком, держащим ее вдали от дома месяцами, нет никаких сомнений, что время проведенное у родного очага ценится спортсменкой очень высоко. Хдесь она может читать, думать и просто наслаждаться покоем на заднем дворе. Она любит Сан Антонио и поэтому купила здесь дом в первый же год, это то, чего она так и не сделала в Нью Йорке.

Когда мы подняли вопрос о личных отношениях и детях, Хэммон ответила, что на данный момент она замужем за своей работой. Что же касается детей, иногда ей хочется иметь их, а иногда нет. Хотя в WNBA много матерей, она понимает, что не сможет родить, не выпав из карьеры. И вообще она еще не готова. Маленькая девочка, сумевшая стать звездой, хочет наслаждаться своей любимой игрой еще несколько лет.

Прежде, чем расстаться, мы даем Бэкки возможность сообщения для наших читателей, за которую она хватается. “Для женщин важно поддерживать женский спорт. Мамы, тети, бабушки приходите сами и берите с собой своих дочек и внучек. Покажите им женщин играющих профессионально. Мы должны поддерживать друг друга. К тому же это очень интересно!”

http://www.sawoman.com/categories/julyaugust-2012/star-among-stars-0

Никаких соплей! ©

Болельщик Сообщение # 194 | 13:45
Заслуженные
Очки: 502
Любимые спортсмены:
Веремеенко, Леннокс, Хэммон
Quote (Боня)
“Нам над многим стоит поработать; нам все еще не хватает взаимопонимания, а это такая вещь, которую невозможно подгонять. Нужно время. Когда-нибудь, оно к нам придет”.

кто бы это растолковал ЦЛБ и КАА angry

Gromova, спасибо за перевод, интересная статейка smile

Хотите возрождения баскетбола в России? Введите в РФБ Борислава Гуляева.
Смотрите баскетбол в интернете на Бизоны-ТВ http://yatv.ru/bisontv/

Mike Сообщение # 195 | 18:53
Заслуженные
Gromova, спасибо!!!

Becky - our magic seven

AlienF Сообщение # 196 | 12:56
Модераторы
Очки: 340
http://www.woai.com/mediace....d=20501